Sunday, September 6, 2026

Saturday Critters #664...On Sunday

 I do not have much to share today.
 I have not been out on a nature cruise this week but I do have critters here at home.
 I took a few pictures of the "fall" development of the caterpillars, that will not be butterflies until spring.

These 2 have formed chrysalis,
and will most likely emerge in spring.


All the rest are all still in caterpillar form, we are counting about 40 in total. 




Last night's sunset began like this...pretty, it was a warm amber color.
Kind of mystical.

Within a few minutes, it looked like this.
As I stared at the sunset from the front door, there wasn't a color that wasn't represented.

And the grand finale was radiant, crimson, violet, coral and plum!
It did not last long...it was spectacular and so uplifting.
Keep your eyes to the sky tonight,

Sharing today images with Eileen at 
for Saturdays Critters

2 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, the sunset pics are beautiful... but knowing me and my love for critters, those photos of the Black Swallowtail caterpillars are gorgeous!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I love these posts and am in awe of what you do and how these little guys transform.