Thursday, August 29, 2024

Celebrating Birthdays

 Do you love birthdays?
I love birthdays and still celebrate them in anyway I can.
I have one son who loves my celebrations and one who does not...the hubs is good with whatever we do.
My youngest son is turning 41 on September 2, my oldest will turn 42 on September 5th.
For 3 days each year they are the same age.
Youngest son will be home from North Carolina today and he loves a good birthday celebration.

Here's one of the things I did...

I cut out these little strips of paper to put inside each balloon before I blew them up 
(I had a little help with this part).
This one pictured here says "Happiest Childhood Memory"
Another one says "Best Christmas Present Ever" 

All 8 Balloons have a strip of paper inside to provoke a childhood memory.
I can't wait for him to pop them open.
We wrote down what we think he will say, it will be fun to see what he actually says!

We got him a new cell phone which he desperately needs.
We always give 2 cards, 1 funny one and 1 serious one.
He does the same for each of us.

I covered the bed in the guest bedroom, (which was his room growing up) with the balloons...
I included a "pin" in one of the cards...
I can't wait until he starts popping the balloons, and to hear how he answers the questions!

11 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

What a fun idea!

Breathtaking said...

Hi Debbie :)
Such fun! You must let us know how it went, and if their answers corresponded to what you wrote down.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your birthday ideas are fun! Happy Birthday to both of your boys!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanie said...

What a fun and clever idea! I think he'll love it. And the balloons look so festive on the bed!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your enthusiasm about the balloons brought a smile to my face the whole time I was reading it. Such a fun and clever idea. Happy Birthday to your sons!!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You didn't waste much time between kids did you!
Barb and I love birthdays as well. Any reason to spoil each other. I like the balloon idea, I just might have to steal!

TexWisGirl said...

Happy birthday, Mike!!!

acorn hollow said...

Such a lovely idea! Enjoy his visit
cathy

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Oh that is a great and fun way to celebrate! Happy Birthday to both of your kiddos!

-Soma

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Birthday wishes 🎂 to your son, Debbie, and what nice surprises you’ve planned for his special day, including the gifts.

Conniecrafter said...

that is great that he is coming home for his birthday, that is such a cute idea with the papers in the balloons, that will be fun to see how close your answers are to his. Enjoy your time together.
Wow you had those boys close together