Thursday, April 6, 2023

Soap Sacks

 For the last few weeksI have been crocheting "soap sacks" to be donated to an organization called
Supporting A Community With Kindness
These crocheted sacks are filled with a bar of soap and donated to homeless shelters,
food pantries, relief efforts, social services agencies and veterans clinics.
Liz donates often and mentioned to me that a very kind woman named Stacy runs this program.
Thanks Stacy, 
this is kinda' corny but I felt real joy making these, and will continue to make these in the future.

I usually knit, but I learned to crochet when I was a young girl,
and my friend Liz reintroduced me to it a year or so ago.
I was only going to make a couple of these,
 but I enjoyed it so much, and the thought that they would be appreciated by the less fortunate, 
that I just kept going.
I bought a 16 pack of soaps at Costco, so I made 16, one for each bar.




- the best portion of a good man's life, his small, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness & love -

11 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

So sweet

Latane Barton said...

That is just the neatest idea.. and you are helping others as well. Kindness is a blessing to give and cost nothing.

eileeninmd said...

What a great craft idea and a wonderful act of kindness!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Soap sacks? Who knew there was such a thing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh! That is so very special.

Marie Smith said...

What a great way to give back doing something you enjoy too.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is such a good idea, which will really be appreciated.

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

Those are VERY NICE, Debbie, You make so many nice things! You are very talented.

Rian said...

I like this, Debbie. Perhaps you should print the instructions.

Catherine said...

This is a good idea and easy crocheting if I was not so far I would love to participate

Veronica Lee said...

Such a marvelous idea and a wonderful act of kindness!

You are so talented, Debbie.

Happy Easter!