Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Monmouth Jet Center

 The business park we own is right next door to 
It is a small airport, on Sunday, we stopped to pick up our mail...

when this jet flew overhead as it was coming in to land.
The jet was so close, it almost felt like you could reach up and touch it.
I have never experienced being underneath a plane and being so close to it, it was wild.

Years ago, when we first bought our business park,
these little planes were the primary users of the airport.
The airport changed hands, and now bigger jets are landing here all the time.
We don't see too many of the smaller planes.

After refueling, and reloading new passengers and luggage, it turned around...

and took off again.


Another large jet taxing above and we were excited to see it take off as well.



Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi use this airport all the time, 
I was hoping to see one of them but no such luck!

- to most people the sky is the limit, to those who love aviation, the sky is home -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is nice that the jets can land in the small airport. It is amazing to see the planes taking off and landing, I love flying anywhere.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

Great shots of the jets and small planes. I like to watch the aircraft too. A nice outing!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those are some spendy jets! I have been on a few back in the day, a great way to travel for sure.

Rian said...

I love to fly! (Not crazy about takeoffs and landings, but love being in the air!) Haven't flown anywhere in years and find the hassle at the airports a bit off-putting. Know security is necessary, but wish it wasn't such a hassle.
Great pics!

Pam said...

Great pics. I could not help thinking of my plane issues over my deck but the last few days they have changed routes to make the noise less an issue. Missed a few of your post so I need to go back in and check things out to see how the room flooring is looking.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I find aircraft fascinating. Perhaps, for me it is because my Hubby love all aircraft.

Sandi said...

Funny they use that airport. Small world!

Have you ever flown on a private plane? I have not.

Lowcarb team member said...

You got some great photographs of the planes... shame you didn't see Bruce Springsteen or Jon Bon Jovi.

All the best Jan

Leanne Coppola said...

Those "little" planes are getting bigger and bigger!!!!!!!!!! They fly over my house every day and make me so nervous!!!!!

Ruth S said...

Years ago I think there was a small restaurant in the airport and we would go there for lunch. We also went across the street to buy stained glass supply’s.

Conniecrafter said...

It is amazing watching the air planes, have you been to an air show, that is quite exciting. I wouldn't mind seeing Jon Bon Jovi ;)

Sally said...

Look at that! Love these, Debbie.
I didn't know you and Chuck have a business park. How wonderful. :)

xoxo