Thursday, December 1, 2022

The Great Christmas Light Fight

Do you watch this program on television, it's on ABC here in our area.
We watch every year and I am in awe of the creativity and work that goes into creating these masterpieces.
Some families start as early as summer putting these beautiful displays together,
getting help from 10 or more family members and friends!



This first one was really beautiful, but I don't think it had a real theme.
It is interesting to listen to the homeowner explain the process in creating the display.
Beyond the blow-ups here, 
there was a lot of really creative elements, handwork and artistry that went into this one.






But this next display, wow, everything was created and painted by hand, everything.

A Gingerbread House featuring 
Sweet Street, Marshmallow Way and Peppermint Place  


This display featured a handmade car and tracks that visitors could ride on.






There were 2 other homes that participated.
 I did not take any pictures after the Gingerbread House, 
although they were pretty, creative and certainly a lot of work, these 2 were my favorites.

Do you have a favorite, let me know in the comments.
I'll tell you tomorrow which one won.

8 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Wow, very cool to see but I am glad I do not live next door!

BeachGypsy said...

I pick gingerbread house! Wow you would need sunglasses at these houses they are s o bright!! LOL also-- where is the actual HOUSE??-- CAN'T even see them! LOL I LOVED the train village post too-- was that yesterday? That is the most amazing train display I've ever seen! So many amazing details and miniature scenes. Happy December!

DeniseinVA said...

I never heard about this show. Something I will have to look out for. We have a house in the road behind us that would fit in beautifully. They have had a zillion lights light show ever since we moved here over 30 years ago.

DrumMajor said...

I saw the show during one of it's first years. Those for the recent show are TOO bright. Like looking at the solar eclipse. Linda in Kansas

Marie Smith said...

Love the idea. Isn’t it amazing how people will go all out on decorating.

There was a family in PEI who decorated their home similarly in memory of a child who died. People came from around the island to see the display and contribute to a charity fundraiser. Last year was the last since the man was sick himself. It was the end of an era.

ashok said...

Looks like a lovely show

Conniecrafter said...

I missed it, I have watched in the past though. It's a hard one but I guess I will pick the gingerbread house :) I can't imagine what their electric bill is for the month of December.

Lowcarb team member said...

I don't know of this show, but everything looks so lovely.

All the best Jan