Thursday, December 15, 2022

Thank You For The Delivery

I saw this idea on Instagram and loved it.


An open box filled with drinks and snacks for my wonderful delivery drivers.
I do ALL of my shopping online.
I also order all of our household products online.
I get a lot of deliveries...
this is a very small way to say thank you.


Here's the sign I printed out and attached to the
chalkboard I purchased on Amazon.


Water, Capri Sun and Chips.
I would like to pick up some Fruit,
Cookies and Granola Bars to add also.

And I got a thank you note from one of the drivers,
I broke out into tears I was so excited.
How thoughtful of this driver.

- you should never do good deeds for others because you want to be rewarded for it,
you should do good deeds for others because it makes you feel good to give,
and it's the right thing to do -

This simple act of kindness makes me feel so good!!
 

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a great idea and a nice way to thank your delivery drivers.
It is nice to get a thank you back too.
It does feel nice to give!
Take care, enjoy your day!

ashok said...

Nice idea

Marie Smith said...

As well it should. Well done, Debbie!

We made a concerted effort to buy local this year but it hasn’t been easy!

Rian said...

Debbie, I love this! And yes, I saw someone else do this too. Great idea!

NanaDiana said...

OH, Debbie! I am going to do this! Thank you for the idea!!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great idea, and so nice to get a thank you back too.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Such a fantastic idea, and so nice of one to leave a note for you too!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

What a great idea. I'd do the same thing here, but everything would be frozen solid!

Changes in the wind said...

What a nice thing to do.

DeniseinVA said...

This simple act of kindness totally choked me up Debbie. What a beautiful thing to do. I am sure this is a jewel in a delivery person's day. You have sown a seed, thank you :)

DrumMajor said...

Really sweet set-up and nice to lighten their day speeding around with deliveries. Sometimes we'd have a recovered and well patient come back to our unit just to bring the nurses pizzas or food items for every shift to thank us. It was so nice to see them upright, out of pain, and in regular street clothes instead of a hospital gown. (Hopefully your wildlife critters won't help themselves to your goodies.) Linda in Kansas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a wonderful thing to have done, Debbie, and your presentation was wonderful as well. But the best thing was the appreciation that a delivery person left in that note. We live in an apt building where all deliveries are made to a central location.

Terra said...

This is a great reminder to me, I will put out chips and bottles of water for the delivery men with a sign thanking them. I did that last year and want to do it again.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is just awesome! You are so kind to everyone you know! What a nice things to do and appreciated too!