Monday, October 12, 2020

Full Steam Ahead

 Several locomotives, both steam and diesel, cover the nearly 500 feet of tracks, 
which make up 
The Garden Railroad at Longwood Gardens.
Beyond the beauty and magic of the display itself, 
this multi level train display is super fun for all ages to watch. 
I have always been a train lover, I always enjoy seeing these trains when we visit here.

The display is constructed when fall is in the air,
it remains open through Christmas.


This large building is The Conservatory



Thomas Train had a mask on.


- L-G-B- carrying pumpkins




This is The Pierce Dupont Complex







The Pierce Dupont Home


As I said in an earlier post...
"Before going, we decided, we would just stay outside, on the paths and of course, wear our masks.
Masks were required, the paths are wide and I felt very safe just being outside.
We did not go in the conservatory, 
the restaurant, or the gift shop and we did not use the rest rooms".

Even without going inside the Conservatory, there is plenty to see and do.
We did not go inside this Dupont House.

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

I have seen this train garden at Christmas one year. It is a great display and train garden. I am glad you could enjoy your visit to Longwood. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Susie said...

Debbie, I love trains too...not more than planes and helicopters though. LOL. I used to life by the tracks in our town...I will go on the porch out here and I can sometimes hear the train whistle, I miss that train track activity...although it is so different these days. That set up is adorable. You are being smart about what to do when out. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Changes in the wind said...

Just WOW pictures!!!

R's Rue said...

Wow

Ruth Hiebert said...

These are fascinating pictures.

Marie Smith said...

That place was certainly worth a visit. Great photos.

Masks are appearing in the strangest places these days. We saw one on a tree but I couldn’t get a photo.

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie this train display is amazing. We have a MUCH SMALLER one here in a hotel lobby for Christmas each year. This one is HUGE, I sure liked all the pictures, what a fun place and there is always SO MUCH TO SEE. Especially in different seasons.

Brian King said...

That's very nice! I've always liked trains even though I never had model trains as a kid. I wonder how long set-up takes for that?

LeAnn said...

You took some gorgeous photos of the train display; so fun. I too have always loved trains. My husband would have loved to have seen this one for sure. I think he would love to set up a model train display. It's sad you couldn't go in some of the buildings, but it's life now.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That’s an amazing Place ... you show us new things every time you go. Great to achave place like that nearby especially now since it is a safe place to visit. When it is safe to go inside again * you will have the interiors to show us. (*someday this will all get better! Meantime, I’m so happy that you stress how you guys are staying safe. We definitely have to still be careful also.)

Conniecrafter said...

I love the little scenes they make with the trains, love those buildings, so nice they continue to have things we can do outside during these times!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love train display/set ups like this.
Great post and I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan