Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Greetings From Point Pleasant Beach

As we drove past I wondered if this mural were new,
I have never seen it before.
With all of those weeds growing I would have to say it has been greeting people for a while now,
why have I never seen it welcoming people at the train station.
When we go for a ride in the car, Point Pleasant Beach is often our destination.
Only 10 minutes from home, Point Pleasant Beach has the ocean, the inlet, and
Lake of the Lilies
PPB also has all the great fishing boasts that I like to feature here.
I see the big birds in Point, 
the Egrets, the Herons, the swans and all of the unusual ducks I get to see during the winter.


This mural in new.
Painted on the side of a building that was destroyed during Super Storm Sandy.

Lake of the Lilies



Just as we were getting ready to leave Lake of the Lilies,
a little disappointed, seeing nothing special...

I came across these 3 rocks, and I was filled with joy!
I photographed them and left them for someone else to find.




We went down to the inlet to see the boats.
Discovery III was coming in.


There were so many boats, coming and going,
a lot of people fishing too.

These 2 got lucky!

Catching a wave, surfing...is very popular in this beach town.

Point Pleasant Beach, a great place to spend the day!!

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The murals are beautiful, and the boats are among my favourite kinds of photos. You live in a great place, Debbie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie,

I love the mural, it is very colorful and pretty. Cute shots of the Ducks. The painted rocks are cute, great find!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I like the murals...so rarely see any around here. I think the painted rocks are very neat...I have painted a few before and left them at a local park. I'm just not very good at it! Have a great day!

Changes in the wind said...

Love murals and these were great. A busy morning with all the boats and fisherman.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It all looks pretty special to me! Photographing the painted rocks is a good idea. I’ve seen quite a few ... I look, smile, and leave for someone else, now I wish I’d “collected” them the way I do flowers , with my camera! (Probably now that you’ve given me the idea, I’ll never see any again))).

Brian King said...

It's nice to see people getting out. That's a great spot for a multitude of things! If I lived there I'd probably have way too many pictures of boats. LOL!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures.

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it funny how we can miss something that has been there all along, it makes going back again and again because you never know when you will see something new, like the duck with that piece of driftwood.
The colored rocks were a fun surprise, so neat that someone thought of doing that, in hopes of bringing a smile to someone's day :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the mural, and how nice to find those painted rocks.

All the best Jan