Monday, July 6, 2020

Edel haus Farm

It's where I first became interested in Alpaca.
We dove past this farm, and I fell in love.
It was fall, 
they were wearing their fleece and they were so cute and fluffy.
The farm owner John was super nice, and explained so much to me about their lifestyle.

On this day, they have recently been sheared for summer, 
they are much thinner in appearance.












We were able to feed them...
 they do not have upper teeth, they do not bite.

They do not usually spit either.
They can, but they only spit when they feel threatened or distressed!

I have been visiting Alpaca for many years and have never been spit on.



More on the Alpaca tomorrow...
and my encounter with James, the fisherman.
Fun Stuff!

Another day in the books, today, I know what day it is!

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

What fun feeding the alpacas. They are so darn cute! I love them, adorable photos. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!!

Changes in the wind said...

They are so cute and some great pictures.

Karen said...

Sweet critters! Looks like they have had their summer shear!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They really are beautiful and it's fun to find a place and be able to go back again. That one looks like cinnamon! Enjoy your afternoon my friend. Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Cute critters!

The Furry Gnome said...

They are really cute! And such unusual animals.

Linda said...

Beautiful critters!!! They look like they are wearing knitted garments.....neck warmers, leg warmers and fuzzy hats.

Claudine/canelle said...

Ces animaux sont vraiment très beaux , les photos superbes !!
Merci

Conniecrafter said...

I bet you were happy to go visit them, so nice that things are slowly being able to open, they looked excited to be fed too :)

Debbie said...

translated: These animals are really very beautiful, the photos are superb !!
Thank you

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh, they still have those beautiful eyes, but they are prettier when they’re fat and fluffy! But I’m sure they feel a lot better in the summer heat now that theyre all shorn. Win win situation ... for the animals and the people!

Marie Smith said...

They are gorgeous creatures! Great photos!

LeAnn said...

Wow, you did get some up close photos of the Alpaca's. Very interesting to see them when they have been shaved. They are a beautiful animal. I am happy they don't bite and you got to feed them. I do love how you nurture and love animals, birds and butterflies.
Loving thoughts coming your way!

Brian King said...

LOL! Love these guys! I bet they're liking the cooler haircut right now!

Lowcarb team member said...

They look so cute ... great photographs.

All the best Jan