Wednesday, December 19, 2018

ICE - Part II

In case you missed Part I of ICE, here's what I wrote on Monday.

We snuck away for a few days...
Our annual Christmas trip to Washington, D.C., to see the ICE display at
Gaylord National
The theme this year was Charlie Brown and the display was adorable! 
Here are a few of the details about ICE...
- ICE is a holiday walk thru attraction, kept at a chilly 9 degrees -
- The blue parkas are on loan to you while you walk thru the display -
- There are two million pounds of colorful ice sculptures -
- The ice is hand carved by 40 artists from China and Harbin -
- There are 4, 2 story slides within the attraction -
- At the end, there is a full, stunning nativity in crystal clear ice -

Now, did I hear you say you would like to see pictures...
- I just so happen to have a few more -












The hubs on the slide...




Me on the slide...I flew down.


WoW, so much fun!
























The Nativity was beautiful!!

13 comments:

Kim said...

Such a magical place! How fun the (very) slippery slide looks. Great photos of you and your husband. Isn't it amazing what can be done with ice....the imagination truly boggles!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Changes in the wind said...

The nativity scene was indeed the best, just amazing.

Michelle said...

A lot of work and talent went into these displays. Wow!

Conniecrafter said...

Love to see you see you are still a kid at heart and enjoy life!! That nativity is beautiful!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I can see by your face you had a great time seeing Charlie Brown and the ice show. They are awesome ice sculptures. Great photos. Have a happy day and week ahead.

Lowcarb team member said...

Loved seeing you both on the slide! Such fun.

A lovely post and the nativity does look wonderful.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is so much work that goes into making this.It is amazing even just to see the pictures.

Farm Girl said...

Wow!! that is so amazing! I bet it is incredible to see in person. I love both and you on that slide Debbie. Thank you so much for the Christmas card. I love it so much. Merry Christmas to you and Chuck.

Brian King said...

It's incredible how they do that! Looks like so much fun!

Leanne Coppola said...

YOU AT THE END OF THE SLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! :) Thank you for making me smile while looking at these pictures! You two are an inspiration.

LeAnn said...

Oh these photos were the best of your trips here. I was looking forward to the slide photos again and you really got some great ones of this trip. I can’t imagine going down that slide; it seems to cold. I think the theme of peanuts is so adorable. I love the one of Lucy behind the booth. The Nativity ones are spectacular too.
Thanks for sharing these wonderful advneture with us all.
Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way!

Karen Lakis said...

Hahaha - I knew that you and Chuck would take the slide!! (I would, too...) What fun!