Saturday, August 5, 2017

Saturday Critters ~ 190 ~

Caterpillar Update...
Everything is going really well!
All 8 caterpillars have survived and are doing really well.
They eat and poop constantly, and I clean the containers every day.
I have not received the netted home I ordered, 
which is much bigger than these small plastic containers.
They are fine in these,
I primarily need the large one for when they turn to butterflies.
Once they turn to butterflies, I will only keep them indoors for about an hour,
so they can dry their wings, then I will have the big release!

Here's some pictures from this morning, while I cleaned out their homes.

This is Feisty

This is Sleepy






I have 4 in each jar right now, with a netted top.
This will be fine until they turn to butterflies.
Even though I will only be keeping them 1 hour, 
they need room to fly around and dry their wings.

Sharing today's images with 

26 comments:

Sandi said...

My son found a bunch of these in our garage. They scared him!

Any thoughts on why they would be in there?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is neat to see their progress. I think you are wonderful to make sure these caterpillars survive and turn into beautiful butterflies. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Farm Girl said...

I love this Debbie! I love every stage. Great shots too.

Ashley said...

so cute!

Adam said...

This is going to be fun

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing the progress.

Екатерина Балагурова said...

Soon you'll see the miracle!

Unknown said...

I am looking so forward to seeing this Debbie!
Looking good now.
xo.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

This is precious!!!!

Good person, you!!! To make sure, they survive.

Love it!!!!!

Luna Crone

Prunella Pepperpot said...

They all look very well cared for and beautifully healthy Debbie. Obviously in good hands!
Have a truly wonderful weekend :)

Marie Smith said...

So interesting, Debbie. Love it!

DeniseinVA said...

I find this exciting Debbie, looking forward to the process. Thank you :)

Pam said...

I love it...so exciting. I was wonder today how they were doing. Thanks for sharing.

A Colorful World said...

How wonderful! Such fun! It will be so exciting when they turn!

The Furry Gnome said...

This is going to be interesting!

Our photos said...

Great shots and I love this!

Anvilcloud said...

This is such a terrific thing. I hope the net comes in time.

21 Wits said...

Awe, happiness is, a new pet to love!

Judy said...

These are the most fantastic photos I have ever seen!!
I cannot wait to see what kind of flutterbyes they are.

Sally said...

Fantastic, Debbie! I love their names, too. :)

xoxo

Patti said...

I love doing this, what an amazing process.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the names you've given them.
Great to see your photo's.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

they are pretty big today, i think they are getting ready to transform to the chrysalis stage!!!

Anonymous said...


Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
โคนัน

Ida said...

Love that you are raising these fellows. Can't wait to see the butterflies.

Sue (this n that) said...

Love seeing them Debbie. I must check in more to follow their progress :D) xx