Sunday, December 12, 2010

Adventures in Who-ville

The adventure continues on December 7th, 
the day after our fun filled and very cold day on the Potomac. 
We started the morning with a lovely buffet breakfast. 
I am not much of a "buffet, all you can eat" kinda girl. 
I am more about quality then quantity, 
but this was the only option for breakfast
and it was included with our "package" so the buffet it was. 
I was more excited when I saw the stately man behind the buffet 
making omelets and there was NO line, 
so the buffet started looking a wee bit better. 
The omelet was pretty darn good as was the entire breakfast, 
so my belly was happy, therefore "we" were happy. 
After breakfast we wandered the streets around the resort, 
took a few more pictures... 
like we really needed more pictures, and again...freezing outside 
but it was really difficult to dampen my spirit as we were off to Who-ville!! 
Literally!! 
We had tickets for noon and tried to go early, 
11:30, I was pretty excited BUT once again 
we ran into a stately man who was not having any part of that...
"we don't open till noon" he said without smiling"...
you will have to come back then". 
Really, I thought, it's 11:30, is that not close enough?? 
Apparently not, so back outside we went (again it's freezing) 
for more pictures. 
It was finally noon and time for Who-ville...
hold on to your hats as this. was. amazing. 
Time for the pictures...

Chuck and I with the Grinch...

It is 9 degrees inside
they give you those lovely blue parkers so you don't freeze. 
I was so excited, 
I never buttoned my jacket, or put on my gloves or my earmuffs...
I felt like a kid again! 
This was so fun, 2 million pounds of ice sculpted into 10 colorful,
 walk through scenes straight out of the pages of Dr. Seuss.

Chuck
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

North of Who-ville

The Grinch's Frozen Lair

The Grinch creating his Ramshackle Sleigh, reindeer and all!

Mount Crimpit

Me sliding into Who-ville

Chuck sliding into Who-ville

Christmas Eve in Who-ville

The Grinch stealing Christmas from the Who-houses

Christmas morning in Who-ville

Christmas morning in Who-ville

Christmas morning in Who-ville, the beef's still frozen

Nativity

Merry Christmas

Amazing "peeps tree"...made entirely of Christmas Peeps!!

Now that's a lot of pictures!
The end...for now!
      

4 comments:

Michael said...

wow!! who-ville looks awesome!! now i wanna go!!! haha it did however look a tad chilly in there, but i bet it's worth it!!

Debbie said...

best trip ever!!!! they said it was 9 degrees but honestly it did not feel cold. did you see me sliding into who-ville??? 2 times...i wish you were ther!!!!

Debbie said...

woops.....*there

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! Awesome post thanks for sharing!