Saturday, July 31, 2021

Saturday's Critters # 398

 When we went for a drive on Wednesday, we drove around 
Lake of the Lilies
I didn't see much, actually the wildflowers were the best part of the circle around.
But there were a few birds I could see from the car,
and I was able to get a few snaps, although none of them great!


Brown Eyed Susan and Queen Anns Lace



A Mockingbird

Female Red-Winged Black Bird

All of the Swans are back in the lake, funny to see them swimming in this straight line.


And I got these terrible pictures of the 
Common Sandpiper
Still, it was fun to watch it running around the shoreline,
 I dreamt of the day I would be doing that as well.



Nature is the greatest place to recharge and heal!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
The flowers are beautiful! Great sighting and photos of the Sandpiper, it is so pretty. I love the shots of the Mockingbird and the Swans. Nature is healing, I am glad you are getting outdoors. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for the comment on my blog.

betty said...

Wow, these are great pictures!! Such a pretty area to talk a drive around!!

betty

RedPat said...

I always think your photos are wonderful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful images.

Shiju Sugunan said...

These are delightful photographs from what looks like a wonderful place.

Brian King said...

The lake is looking beautiful and it's good to see all the swans back! Love the sandpiper! Glad you were able to go for a drive!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Really lovely photos. We have Queen Annes Lace and some sort of purple flower as our wildflowers along the roads. I picked some the other day and they looked so pretty in a vase on my counter. What a treat to see so many swans all together. thanks

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Look at all those swans! I've never seen so many...even in a photo! LOVE the beautiful summer flowers too! Take care my friend.

Conniecrafter said...

So good to hear you are getting out, even though you may not be able to get out of the car, just getting out and seeing it all has got to be so wonderful. The wildflowers are just beautiful and you did great with the birds too, I pray everyday that you will be out there walking among them very soon!

Marie Smith said...

Those blossoms are gorgeous. And the swans are lined up for some reason. They like to have a chat while they wait. That sandpiper is a new one for me. Great post!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, wow, wow!!! That's all, just wow! I am in awe.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you are getting out and about.
I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Lovely pictures. Nature really is the best way to re-charge yourself and it's always there when you're in need. :0)

LeAnn said...

Nature is the best and you captured some great photos today. I liked the natures flowers, the birds and loved the one with the swans. They are such beautiful creatures.
Blessings and hugs!