Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Post

Soooo here it is...my first blog post, I must say, I am pretty excited!!! 
and I hope it works, since I am new to all of this. 
I started this blog as a diary to memorialize my life, just the day to day stuff, 
the events that make me happy. 
Today I was productive, 
a home improvement project of sorts that I normally would not take on. 
The front house lights were dull, weathered and in desperate need of replacement. 
I recently read a complete strangers blog, 
she had painted the light on the outside of her house 
(among other things) and I thought, 
I can do that and save a ton of money. 
So I did it, with a little (o.k., a lot) of help from my darling husband. 
Now, let's take a look at the before and after photos...

this is the light before...

after a LOT of taping...

drum roll...drum roll, please...

the finished product, 
now isn't that a beauty...almost unbelievable. 
It looks like a brand new light.

Just 3 coats of spay paint and a lot of taping, the cost was under $ 5.00. 
I forgot to say that we did a total of 3 lights, 3 coats each. 
If this post actually posts, (my second try) I will post pics of the other 2 lights.

Fingers crossed!
   

8 comments:

Chuck said...

Awesome blog site. I can't believe you figured out how to set this up, posting pictures, etc. You never cease to amaze me.

Scott said...

Wooow, I didn't know you were talking about these lights...nice! Looks great!

Debbie said...

wow....thank you boys...your the best!!!! xo

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly impressed! Now (as I previously predicted) I must attempt mine!! lol Thanks a lot!! haha. Really, though, they look amazing!! I'll have to send you pics of my fireplace when I'm done with that project! :-)

Michael said...

Thats a fancy taping job there mom! that light fixture looks like its brand new again!

Debbie said...

Come and see it Mike....I miss you!!!!!

Saun said...

Wow, I think I'm going to try this. Are they still holding up...paint staying on?

Jill said...

That is an amazing transformation!