Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Lion King

 While we were "playing" in New York City we also had tickets to the broadway show...


Disney's The Lion King at The Minskoff Theater, off Broadway but still in the theater district.


The show was amazing. 
The vibrant colors, detailed professional costumes and incredible vocals
made for a breathtaking and captivating experience.
The costume designs transform actors into jungle animals that tell the story of the
"Circle of Life".


As always, photographs were not allowed during the performance,


I snapped these during the curtain call.


We really loved it!
The music, the set, the costumes, the acting and singing were all incredible.
A dream come true for us...what an exceptional show!

I always save the Playbill, I have a lot of these!

15 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Nothing beats Broadway and a great show. Glad you enjoyed it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I love the music from the Lion King, I have seen the movie many times. I am sure the Broadway show was awesome. Take care, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

How delightful! Thanks for sharing, I would love to see a Broadway show. Happy day to you, Virginia

BeachGypsy said...

SO GLAD you got to go on this trip and see these shows Debbie!!! Fun and such great memories!

Lowcarb team member said...

A great show, so pleased you were able to see it.

All the best Jan

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW, what a wonderful time in the Big Apple, Debbie, with both a concert and a show! I have always enjoyed NYC for its shows and like yourself, I used to collect Playbills from the Broadway shows.

Rian said...

That show looked awesome, Debbie. I believe that those animal costumes were in the Thanksgiving Day parade, right? I remember thinking then, how wonderful they were.

Debbie said...

virginia, this was a once in a lifetime weekend!!! thanks for all your kind comments!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow you really enjoyed a nice time in New York didn't you, might as well get in as much as you can while you are there :)

Bonnie K said...

I've only seen one real play. I saw Johnny Tremain in Seattle right after September 11th. I was in awe of how the stage changed. I remember that more than the play. It was pretty cool the creativity in creating the sets.

Ann said...

I bet that was a spectacular show

R's Rue said...

Looks like a great time.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh how marvelous!!! Glad you had such a great time!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Happy to see you out and about and enjoying yourself. You got some nice photos.

-Soma

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Debbie, it looks like a fantastic show 👌
I love ❤️ the music 🎶 🎵 from The Lion 🦁 King.