Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Surviving A Nor'easter...

 Just a quick update on the recent nor'easter. 
The Jersey Shore was pummeled by this storm, there was a lot of wind, rain and flooding.
All neighborhoods and communities within a few miles of the ocean did not fair well.
We live about 10 minutes from the ocean and did not have any damage, 
just a lot of sticks and branches came down.

A tree fell on my neighbors driveway, blocking it completely.

We own this property, and a tree feel down blocking the driveway!
We are lucky to have people on standby for situations like these, that help us.

If you saw videos of the flooding, they were real, just closer to the ocean.
Many roads are still closed and many of the beaches have lost the sand area that leads to the ocean.
All you see are cliffs, then the ocean.

12 comments:

HappyK said...

Wow those were some big trees!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read that The Jersey Shore was pummeled by the recent nor'easter.
It's never nice to see trees down or see any other damage.
Keep safe.

All the best Jan

Dicky Bird said...

That is terrible. I'm sorry about the trees.

Conniecrafter said...

So glad all is well with you, I have been wondering since I saw the news, it sure looks awful, I did see the cliffs of sand, it is amazing the force behind those storms. Nice you have people that can help when trees fall like this, so glad it didn't land on the buildings.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Glad you are safe. I heard there was some real dangerous damage.

Rian said...

Hi Debbie! Glad you are all OK. That was a big tree that fell...

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie,
I am glad you were ok! Those trees can do a lot of damage when they fall. I have seen lots of photos from Ocean City Maryland, looks bad. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

So glad you didn't have any serious damage. Downed trees are bad enough and thankfully you had help with those.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you had people to help and that you didn't have damage on your home. It's always hard to find service people after a storm hits an area!

R's Rue said...

Glad to hear your okay

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :)
To fell trees as big as those must have taken a heck of a lot of wind force, but I am glad you didn't have any damage.
Take care
Sonjia.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good to read that you did not have any damages from that downed tree. As NJ natives, we did watch the videos on the flooding in shore areas and it was very unsettling as these events always are to watch. Thankfully, there were no similar occurrences here in Nashua, NH.