Saturday, September 26, 2026

Preparing For The Nor'easter

 Here at the Jersey Shore, we are expecting a nor'easter.
We prepared for this storm the way we always do.

We had a picnic in the car at the inlet...


and checked on the boats docked right off the inlet at Cooks Creek.


All of the boats were home because of severe weather warnings, high winds and rough surf.



We went to the bakery to load up on some treats.
It looks like someone got into those treats already, the brownie has a pretty big "chunk" missing!


We came home, lit the fireplace and the candles...


and watched this sunset from the front porch.
WoW...our sunsets have been stunning!

14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Debbie,

I watched a news report of the storm forecast for your area and thought of you. Stay safe, my friend! I’ll be thinking of you!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Hope you and your property are safe during the storm. Looks like you are well prepared. We are not in the shore area, but we will have high winds and some rain.That sunset is gorgeous. We too have been getting beautiful sunsets that look like the sky is on fire.

Ann said...

Sounds like a good way to prepare for a storm to me. I especially like the idea of stopping at the bakery. Those look delicious.
Hope you stay safe during the storm

Dicky Bird said...

You are right! The sun set is stunning! Oh, I hope the storm isn't too bad! I like seeing all the boats in the harbor. Yes, the treats look so good. The brownie was probably too big anyway...ahaha.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I think most of this storm will stay on the coast. We may get some much needed rain. Love the desserts, yum! Beautiful sunset.
Great collection of photos. Be safe, have a happy weekend.

Rian said...

Hi Debbie! Stay safe, my friend. I love your preps for the Nor'easter... especially the bakery visit. At my house you'd be lucky there wasn't a bite out of each of those goodies. And I love the pic of the rough surf!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers y’all will be safe!
🙏🏻
May

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fabulous sunset. I hope we can walk tonight and see the full moon! Take care during the storm to come! Batten down the hatches! HA!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your sunsets are amazing.
Stay safe in the storm.

All the best Jan

HappyK said...

Wow what a sunset. Looks like the sky is on fire. Hope the storm doesn't do damage.

Conniecrafter said...

Praying you all make it through the storm ok, glad the boats were able to get in before the storm. Looks like some yummy goodies there :) Loving all your pumpkins and leaves, wow that sunset is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Stay safe. xox, Virginia

Hena Tayeb said...

Hope you stayed dry during the storm. The shore towns have been hit really hard. Those sweet treats looks so good.

DeniseinVA said...

Thought of you with this latest storm. Hope everything is okay now.