really I do...but,
I am not really enjoying the unbearable heat and humidity this summer.
It drains my soul in every way possible and does it in no time at all.
It is impossible for me to spend any length of time outdoors, even with this beautiful pool.
It looks lovely, I know, but it is a lot of work, and the hubs has been doing all of it.
The only way I can stay cool in the pool is if I am completely under water.
I feel so much guilt that we don't use it more,
it is lovely with a breathtaking view of the river we live on.
My Hydrangea are sporting their second blooms, these flowers are from several different plants.
To the left, on the table, are rocks my niece gave me from New Zealand,
they are always right there in that spot.
They are "purplish", you can't tell that in the pictures.
Fresh, summer foods that are light and easy.
We really like cold pasta salad and I make it often in the summer.
I add red onion, red pepper and lot's of dill and green onions from my garden.
The ingredients...
the recipe card I use for the Pasta Salad, in case you would like to try it.
I do not add chicken to mine.
You can see the recipe card is well loved, I have made this so many times.
I have been making these eggs for breakfast.
I don't usually like scrambled eggs, but this is different, more like a fluffy omelet.
Made in the microwave with just an egg and mayonnaise, this is delicious and ready in 50 seconds.
The link to the recipe is here.
I always top mine with "Everything But The Bagel" Seasoning.
We really love the fried shrimp, with fresh cut fries at Shore Fresh.
The also have the best new England Clam Chowder.
We are in the middle of a heat wave here at the Jersey Shore...
it was 104 degrees here yesterday.
I went outside to water the garden and snap a few pictures.
I'll share how the garden is growing tomorrow.
If I haven't melted, thank goodness for air conditioning!
14 comments:
Yes, thank goodness for air conditioning. I did not grow up with it and we eventually had a window unit in the living room which worked very hard but didn't really do the job in real heat.Your pool and view are gorgeous. Probably early morning is the best time to be out there in this weather. Despite what seemed like hundreds of blooms last summer, my hydrangeas did not bloom at all this summer. Not sure what that is about. Well keep cook indoors. I enjoyed your post.
I wish you enjoy your beautiful pool more. 104 degrees is too hot. Stay cool. Hugs. xoxo.
It has been hot here in NH also. I hate the humidity. Such a beautiful pool and setting.
Cathy
We have been finding inside projects to work on. It's just too dang hot. We do not have the humidity that you do, that would make it even worse!
The hydrangeas are beautiful and so is the pool! Cooling down here in Vermont in the 80°Fs.
May
Debbie, your pool is beautiful...but I can see it would be too hot to use it now. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous too. I've been experimenting with cooking during these hot days... just made yeast dinner rolls for the first time. They are now 2nd proofing. Hope they are edible. You are lucky living close to the shore with abundant seafood. I miss that living in Texas.
Oh what a beautiful pool!!! It looks so refreshing!!! Beautiful blooms. You'd like summer where I live. It is in the high 70's low 80's and most days with a breeze. Really like one long spring. :)
I do not like/enjoy high temperatures and it has been unusually hot here in the UK and Europe.
However, your temperatures are so high too.
I'm hoping for cooler days to return soon and rain would be most welcome too ... time will tell.
In the meantime take things slowly and stay as cool as you can and of course keep hydrated.
All the best Jan
I second being thankful for air conditioning, every time I go outside and come back in I am so thankful. It is sad you can't even enjoy the pool, it does have a great view :) Nice the flowers are still doing well in all that heat. I water our garden and flowers in the morning while it is all still in the shade of our neighbors tree, if the sun hits me I just don't do well at all.
That pool looks so refreshing and what a view. I know what you mean about all the work though. I used to have a pool and it takes way too much to keep it sparkling clean.
All that food looks so good especially that shrimp
Hello Debbie,
The summer weather this year has been very hot and humid and now we have the smoky air which makes it worse. I love your hydrangeas, the New Zealand rock and your sea glass. The salads, the fried shrimp and fries look yummy! Pretty butterfly! Stay cool and safe! Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
I'm with you on the heat! For us the smoke has been the problem this week.
It truly is super hot! And for us that have autoimmune issues it can drain us in a second. It is no fun. I love all the food you shared. That pool!!! It does look mighty awesome!
Summer is certainly not my favorite. am sorry you are experiencing such high temperatures. We just had a heatwave here too. So thankful for AC. The butterfly photo is lovely!! I just finished making a couple of books with butterflies on them.
-Soma
Post a Comment