Pages

Friday, July 17, 2026

Belmar's Sand Castle Contest

 Every year it is on the summer bucket list...
The Belmar NJ Sandcastle Contest
This annual event was held on this past Wednesday and it was 104 degrees,
we didn't go.
I am really sad to have missed it but sweating on the beach,
melting into the sand, would not qualify as a sandcastle.
These pictures are from several of the years we did attend, I had these images saved on my computer.


















Belmar shared some pictures of this years entries, if you are interested you can find those pictures here.
If you have a favorite, mention it in the comments...mine is the second!

15 comments:

  1. Wow ! How fun is all that and quite impressive too. I'll have to look for it next year. I would love to go. We are only 55 minutes from Belmar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the heat kept y’all from going to the beach. High temperatures are nothing to take a chance on. Your photos are really neat to see.
    May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am sorry the heat kept you away from the contest.
    Great photos of the sand sculptures you have seen.
    Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be at the beach in those temps either, Debbie. But thanks for the pics. Love those sand sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!!--- it's too 🔥 HOT to go! But I loved all the pictures especially the dinosaur one sine the actor ( Sam Neill) who was the scientist in the Jurassic Park movie just passed away. He did a great job making that role so believable and getting young kids interested in dinosaurs 🦕.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love it when you got to sand castle building events!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so creative. It amazes me what people can do with sand. I can't build a castle for fun for anything. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible and so creative. The dig site is my favorite. It was definitely a good choice not to attend this year. Better not take the chance and get sick from the heat.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing what people can do with sand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness your temperatures are HOT ... I wouldn't have gone to the beach either!
    I enjoyed the pictures you've shared.
    Here's to cooler weather soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer you were not able to go this year but I think you made a good decision on that one. I can't imagine them having to work on them in this heat either, you have wonderful pictures of the ones you have seen in past years. I agree the turtle is the neatest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely amazing. Too bad you weren't able to go but I can understand not wanting to be out in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are incredible works of art, I like that you have them saved to look back on to remind you of more pleasant days weather-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is some serious talent! My favorite was the dinosaur site!

    ReplyDelete