Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Out Of Touch

 I did not intend to be gone so long...
I needed a few days to catch my breath and realized that not posting content to my blog everyday, 
freed up a lot of time.

I have been reading, coloring, knitting, junk journaling and I have caught up on some movies that I have been wanting to watch.
The hubs has been tending to the garden...the "deer" have been enjoying the provisions.
The weather has not been conducive to being outside for any length of time, even when in the pool.
We have had several lovely storms and you know I love a dark sky during the day and a lot of rain.

As the seasons change, I adapt...I always have much to keep me busy.

I am getting another "check up", and I am in the hospital again, I just don't do well in the summer. 
I could also use a new "car"...if you know what I mean?!

So a quick, boring update, I have a lot of pictures to share when I am up to it.
In between all of this, we did take a few day trips and I have some fun photo's to share.

I have been coloring a lot in the hospital, my hands are working well, the legs need some help.
I'll share this one picture I colored a few days ago, it is my favorite so far.

29 comments:

  1. Lovely to see this post from you Debbie ... you have been in my thoughts.
    I do like the colouring you've shared and of course it has purple in it :)

    My good wishes. and a big {{{hug}}}

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie. Was so happy this morning when I saw your post! I've missed you! Please take good care. Sending big hugs! Jean from Bucks County

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jean...thank you for leaving me a comment. i know you read everyday but i always enjoy hearing from you. i hope to be home on wednesday, i am feeling better and i was able to walk a tiny bit today!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. Sorry to hear about you being in the hospital. Your colored picture is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you here. Have been sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much t...you are my "longest" follower!! i love and miss you. i am getting better and hope to be home by wednesday!!

      Delete
  5. Hello Debbie,
    I am happy to see an update from you. I always worry that something bad happened. I do pray and hope all goes well with you in the hospital. Take good care of yourself. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking of you and hoping all is well, sorry to hear you were in need of another trip to the hospital, will pray for healing of your legs. I needed more time too that is why I post every two days and then sometimes it is 3 if life gets busy.
    I love your picture you colored, those are such nice projects to do when you can't get around very well.
    I agree this weather has been awful this year, I have not been out and about other than going from store to car when I need to get something. Take care and thanks for coming on to let us know how you are getting along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I often say, we own the blog; the blog doesn't own us. And that means no obligations apart from what we set for ourselves and when a break is needed, it is needed. Yours sounds good. I hope you continue to feel better every day. Yes, summer can be tough with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the weather will cool off soon so that you will feel better. And, don't worry about not blogging all the time. I have had to back off and I think I enjoy the posts more when I do see them. Who knows. My friends keep me going. You girls are always so understanding and I love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how those tiny birds can beat their wings up to eighty times a second, and you captured that sense of delicate motion and rich color so perfectly. I really hope the medical team takes wonderful care of you, that your legs start cooperating soon, and that you're back home watching the stormy skies and working on your junk journaling before you even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie! Sorry to hear that you're in the hospital again. But hopefully you will be home and sharing your activities and thoughts with us soon. It's too hot to be outside anyway these days, so inside activities need to take precedent. I'm crocheting and sketching... although we do try to walk at the Senior Center twice a week (in the A/C). Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. You don't, no one needs to post every single ding dong day. Nothing wrong with that at all. Hope you have wonderful day trips. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see a post from you but sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Hope your home again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you return home soon. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete

  14. You are so right that not posting daily does free up time. I have also found that not commenting daily does the same. Good to read that your down time brought you joy in doing other things, except the hospital stay, but even then you were able to enjoy coloring and to complete a lovely image. Best wishes for feeling better and returning home to your fun projects and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to see you post. But so very sorry you are in the hospital.
    Feel better soon.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love coloring. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope they're taking good care of you in there! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely to see you Debbie, you have been very much in my thoughts. I hope you will be back home soon and that cooler days will make you feel more comfortable. Thank you for everything my dear friend. Sending love and lots of hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the hummer and flower you shared too. Beautiful! A break from blogging is a good thing :)

      Delete
  19. Lovely artwork, your shading is beautiful. Take care, take care, take your time.
    Blessings and happy wishes, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care and get well soon. The dark sky and the rain were nature's gift to you while you recover.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Beautiful artwork. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You were missed. Several times, I would check and see if you had posted. Sorry to read you are not doing well. Hopefully that turns around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Debbie. Nice draw. Take your time to do what you like. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Debbie!
    I was worried about your absence. I was worried about your hospital stay. I know what it's like to have leg problems. There was a time when I couldn't walk. It was so terrible.
    Your drawings are beautiful.
    I wish you good health and to enjoy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finding balance is important and the blog does take time to publish.. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos and touching base. You are missed. Speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry you are in the hospital. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete